Don’t worry…you’re not alone.
Many small business owners wonder how often they should update the design of their website.
Approximately 75% of people judge a business by its website, and 94% of that judgement is based on design alone…meaning the layout, navigation, visual appearance, color scheme, typography and the list goes on. Not to mention the need for the always-changing internet and the battle for top positioning on Google and other search engines.
Industry experts recommend a website redesign or revamp every 2-3 years.
Every 2-3 years…really?! Yes, according to the industry average (not to brag, but our website designs continue to last 5-6 years and beyond…just saying).
Most importantly, for consumers “perception is reality” and “you never get a second chance to make a first impression.” You can have the best products and services, but if your website design is antiquated, vistors will bounce.
Nowadays, people check out your company website, along with your competitors’, before they call you or fill out a form. Your business website is the foundation of all your marketing, and visitors base their first impression on it. If done correctly, your website becomes your 24/7 sales force.
Here are the key factors that warrant a website redesign:
Do you have an aging website?
- too much content and not enough high-quality, fast-loading images and/or media
- it’s not mobile-friendly or responsive to automatically adjust on all devices i.e. laptop, smart phone, tablet
- it’s confusing and difficult to navigate, hence a bad user experience
- you cannot update the content on your own
- you have antiquated features and site doesn’t work properly
- it’s not generating any leads or business
Does it reflect your latest marketing strategy?
- going through a rebrand or change in your business model
- want to reach a new target audience or geography
- website analytics show a decrease in visitors
- your clients have new needs, i.e. live chat, online registration
- you want to sell online or add robust tools, i.e. events calendar, project portfolio
If any of these apply to you, it’s time for a website redesign and revamp.
What are the benefits of a redesign?
- more engagement and leads!
- enhanced user experience across all devices
- cohesive marketing and brand identity
- improved mobile lead generation and conversion rates
- faster download speeds
- Improved site performance and organic SEO
- more flexible and cost-effective options and upgrades
Your goal is to put your best foot forward, showcase your products and services, and be seen as an industry leader. A website redesign will help solidify your credibly and reputation as a key go-to source.
Photo by tranmautritam from Pexels
If you’re one of the many small business owners in need of a redesign, you’ll need to understand your next step.
That’s why we created our FREE eGuide Before hiring a web designer, read this!
It includes the top 10 questions every small business owner should ask.
Get your free eGuide today.
This is our way of helping small businesses, and paying-it-forward.
Our goal is to help accelerate your success.
We’re here to help…
As always, we welcome you to reach out to us for more information, as well as a FREE, no-obligation consultation.
Best regards, until next time!
Founder and Chief Consultant
Exceller Marketing, Inc.
Exceller Marketing is a boutique-style, full-service web design and digital marketing agency in Westchester County, NY We empower small businesses and entrepreneurs with outstanding web design and expert digital marketing services that keep our clients ahead of their competition.
Click on the buttons below to share this blog on your social media: