Less Work, More Money
If less work and more money appeals to you, then you are going to want to learn some of our invaluable branding tips that will make you work smarter, not harder (and allow you more time at the beach.)
The power of branding…it allows you to shorten your sales cycle – i.e. less work, more money – and that’s what marketing is all about.
Did you know it actually takes the average person six to seven times to see/hear your message before it begins to resonate?
Have you ever heard of Coca-Cola?
Sounds like a ridiculous question, right? But did you know Coca-Cola is one of the world’s most recognizable brands? It is the #1, most valuable soft drink brand worldwide with a value over $70 billion U.S. dollars.
Of course, most small businesses don’t have the same marketing dollars as Coca-Cola. However everyone, I repeat everyone, can benefit from the same three core marketing principles:
1. Concise, Core Message and Look:
- Create a logo and tagline, i.e. “Coca-Cola: Share a Coke” as well as core message and elevator pitch, i.e. “At The Coca-Cola Company we are creating special moments of happiness and memories by sharing a personalized coke with friends and loved ones.” – both should be short and to the point.
- Ensure consistency with your logo and tagline as it pertains to colors, fonts and placement.
2. Communicate Regularly and Consistently:
- When communicating with customers, prospects, etc. determine what the best communication time-frame is for your audience – daily, weekly, monthly, etc. – and be sure to do this on time, every time. But (and this is important), make sure you have something of value to say – this is when a marketing communications editorial calendar comes in handy. This calendar keeps you on track with pre-planned plug and play. Here is a free editorial calendar template you can try.
3. Through a Variety of Diverse Media:
- Communicate that logo and core message through every possible touch-point: website, business cards, brochures, social media, etc.
Again, it takes the average person quite a few times to see/hear your message before it resonates. That’s why these core principles are key to putting you on the fast track to having a successful, flourishing business, even in tough economic times.
Although some experts may differ, I believe developing and maintaining brand continuity for a small business is relatively easy. Since most small businesses typically only have a hand-full of employees, it’s easier to develop, enforce and police the brand. The challenges truly lie with the big organizations, as they have many employees to oversee and it’s extremely difficult to keep track of what 50, 100, or even 500 employees are doing with your logo and brand.
BRANDING 101… AS EASY AS 1-2-3:
- Develop your logo, tagline and elevator pitch – be sure it communicates a customer need that you can solve.
- Assign ownership to a single person in your company to manage your brand – create written guidelines for usage.
- Communicate guidelines to all your employees – note who’s responsible and approval process.
Also, have your staff memorize the elevator pitch – maybe even have a contest to see who knows it the best. This way, your staff becomes an integral part of your branding strategy – no matter where they go or who they meet, they will be able to articulate the benefits of your company.
As companies battle for limited consumer dollars, a strong brand is invaluable. It’s critical to spend time investing in your corporate identity, logo and messaging, as it defines who you are to the marketplace.
Branding is the foundation of all your marketing communications and is key to expediting sales.
Are you ready to work less and make more money?! We, at Exceller Marketing, are here to help you do just that by building your brand and increasing your sales.
Feel free to contact us today for a FREE marketing consultation and receive more information on developing your business Brand Strategy, as well as your marketing communications editorial calendar.
Best regards, until next time!
Exceller Marketing is a full-service marketing firm and website design agency servicing small and medium businesses, as well as entrepreneurs in Westchester County, NY and the tri-state area. With powerful traditional and digital marketing communications, coupled with business development, we keep our clients ahead of their competition.